Principia-Scientific Australia (PSI-AU)
Principia-Scientific Australia (PSI-AU) is an independently-run subsidiary of Principia Scientific International CIC, a UK-based registered non-profit.
PSI-AU is managed by and for Australians to represent free and independent scientific discourse from the viewpoint of our national interests within a complex global environment.
BECOME A PSI MEMBER TODAY – IT’S FREE WHEN SIGNING UP TO OUR ‘DAILY DIGEST’ ( enter your email address in the field to the right of this page)
OUR CORE VALUES EXPLAINED:
Please read our ‘Mission Statement.’
Since June 2017 Principia Scientific International is legally registered in the UK as a company incorporated for charitable purposes. We are a ‘Community Interest Company’ overseen and regulated by Companies House.
We serve the public interest in providing educational resources freely in the fields of scientific inquiry. We are about transparency and truth; we shun the vagaries of political advocacy and choose not to subordinate ourselves to the moralizing pre-determinism of discredited ‘post normal’ science.
The essence of genuine scientific inquiry shall exemplify the sui generis, or the abiding maxim that goodness is indefinable and exists in science only insofar as the pursuit of truth ought to be our abiding goal.Our members feel a moral duty to preserve the traditional methods of open scientific inquiry free from persecution, ridicule and censure.
NEW RENAISSANCE OF THE TRADITIONAL SCIENTIFIC METHOD
The Association is indebted for its name to Sir Isaac Newton’s Principia Mathematica that signaled the modern legacy of the English Scientific Method, often shortened to just the traditional Scientific Method. But also we give thanks to British philosopher G. E. Moore and his 1903 book Principia Ethica that cautioned us as to the dangers of the ‘appeal to nature’ and the indeterminate construct of moralism; thus objective science is best served searching for truth rather than ‘goodness.’
RECLAIMING A SCIENTIFIC LEGACY
Over the past two decades there has grown a widespread perception of increased corporate and governmental meddling in science; disenfranchised specialists have sought to be heard in the one forum not yet entirely constrained by the gatekeeping mentality of self-serving politicians, media and publishing outlets: the Internet.
With the Internet as our main, but not exclusive, medium of operation we shall redress the balance and by our strength in numbers, advance the work of science authors and advocates seeking to distribute important new ideas/theories untainted by subjective ideology. To achieve our goals it is essential for us to seek to form a large, international subscriber-based association whereby those of talent and merit In this cause may receive this association’s technical, financial and moral support.
OUR MAIN FUNCTIONS:
PSI aims to promote best scientific practice in the community; to defend the interests of the members, to educate specialists and non-specialists about new theories and refinements in best practice; to disseminate amongst our members, domestically and internationally, news and views for the betterment of their knowledge and performance.
Our specific objectives include:
- Promoting the broadest possible dissemination of impartial science information untainted by politics or corporate interest in as many languages and to as many nations as possible
- Advancing independent, non-affiliated scientific discoveries unencumbered by political ideology or corporate financial interest.
- Providing impartial scientific advice and evidence to international policymakers, news outlets and the general public
- Being a cost effective ebook publishing service to our members at preferential rates for their personal and career advancement
- Offering financial support either by grant or loan, to authors in science who we believe have potential to advance the association’s core values
- Discouraging inappropriate or unconscionable scientific methods by exposing them where they are proven to exist
- Publicizing our successes via the Internet and mainstream media as appropriate (including television, books, radio, film).